What is the Energy Assistance Program Self Sufficiency Podcast Program?
The purpose of our podcast program is to discuss a variety topics to help build a household’s self sufficiency and reduce their energy burden through energy conservation tips.
Why do this?
- Our mission at CAP is to assist and empower people to achieve social and economic well-being in partnership with our community.
- We have tried the usual way of case management with our households, but in order to engage with our households in a new and innovative way we decided to present the same type of information in a podcast.
This is a pilot program for the agency through the Energy Assistance Program. The program will run four months from May of 2020 to August of 2020 with the hope of success to continue into the next Energy Assistance Program season.
How does it work?:
- An email is sent to all valid emails for any Energy Assistance Program Participant
- In the email there is a link to the podcast, a survey and handouts
- Households’s listen to the podcast which ranges from 7-10 minutes in length
- After listening to the podcast the household is asked to take a quick survey that lasts no longer than 2-3 minutes.
- All households that take the survey are entered into a random drawing in which the winner will be chosen by the 15th of the following month and contacted. The prize is $50 towards their energy bill of choice.
That’s not all… All podcasts, handouts, recipes and winners will be posted to this site and linked with the CAP Agency’s Energy Assistance Program Web page.
We hope you enjoy the podcast and we look forward to helping households achieve a reduction in their energy burden and an increase in self sufficiency.